Wisdom teeth

0 Rating(s).

Posted on By Bob W In Patient/Consumer Inquiries

Dentists have recommended me to remove the wisdom teeth since I was 27 years old. Now I am 40 and the wisdom teeth grew as indicated in the Invisalign and panoramic pics.

On the beginning, a surgeon recommended cutting the wisdom teeth in half and extract because they were still under the gum. However, he noted that there is a nerve very close to one of the teeth on the left side and he told me about the risks.

I decide to hold on because I did not have problems during that time.

Now 13 years later, a dentist recommended me to remove the teeth because they are hard to clean and cause gum issues that may result in losing the other teeth.

Can you please advise what do you think? My parents didn't have to remove wisdom teeth.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Wisdom teeth

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

3 Comments

As I said in my last message please load the xrays of your wisdom teeth

Sometimes when wisdom teeth can also lead to bacterial infection,hence it is suggested that you remove it for a good dental health.

Thanks to offer such a helpful response, keep sharing more knowledgeable content.

Salvin
NovaBone