What are these lines on the back of my teeth?

25 Rating(s).

Posted on By Anna Bazinet In Patient/Consumer Inquiries

Hello, I have these dark lines on the back of this tooth. No pain or anything so I don’t think it’s a cavity but I could be wrong. I recently had my wisdom teeth removed so I’m worried that because I wasn’t able to brush them for 2 ish days that now I have a cavity. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on What are these lines on the back of my teeth?

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

3 Comments

Looks like a cavity but looks can be deceiving keep that in mind. Need to do diagnostic testing and exam.

Could be decay or stain. Should have it checked by a dentist. Radiographs and clinical assessment is key. The white lines on the tooth in front is called a "sealent" prbably one you received when still a young child to prevent this type of decay. Good luck Dr. Salama

I also suggest visiting the dentist and thanks all to offer such a helpful response.

Dentalxp
Brasseler