Vertical break down

153 Rating(s).

Posted on By Dhanesh Mehta In Patient/Consumer Inquiries

My wife had a recent vertical break down in the tooth. Doctor advised that since there is a crack, it is not possible to do any repair but it need to be removed and either they do bridging or implant. I am still looking at possibility of taking out the half tooth which is loose ( interior one) and fill up with required material.
Please advise what is the best solution in this situation?

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Vertical break down

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

7 Comments

What I have done on my office manager, is to bond broken piece, RCT and crown. It is still in her mouth for 10 years. I hope it will help. Gregory

How to bond teeth? I mean what solution to use?

Very simply: Ext, bone graft future Implant.

what is mean by graft? what technique to use to graft it?

Replace tooth with dental implant.

@Dhanesh Mehta, Did you do the implant? Did your extract this cracked tooth or restored it? I am in a similar situation with a suspected tooth root fracture. It's not visible on xrays. Only suspected on the cbct scan. I did rct and crown on it now. But my dentist want me to extract it and immediately implant. Can you please tell me what helps you in your case?

A removal is a good option otherwise it can damage others as well. Please follow the instructions suggested by your doctor or you can try another as well.

Magnetic Mallet
Salvin