v-Lift

124 Rating(s).

Posted on By Isaac Tawil In Sinus Augmentation

Densah burs by Versah for crestal sinus lift.
I like to call it the "v-Lift".
In this case we have a narrow ridge with limited height. A perfect situation for the Densah burs. Using osseodensification we can expand the site and lift the membrane simultaneously without the need for hand instruments or sinus kits.
Verban drill stops (created by Dr Emil Verban) were used to prevent drilling past the sinus membrane. Auto-compaction using the Desah burs provides a self lift to the schniderian membrane. a-PRF along with FDBA mixed with i-PRF provide were added to complete the augmentation.
Comments and criticism welcomed.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on v-Lift

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

7 Comments

Isaac:

Nice documentation as usual. 2 questions:
Do you think that this approach may be the safest approach in cases with thick membrane? I, personally, think so.
It would be good to see ISQ readings at 3wks, and 6wks if possible. Any possibility of early restoration here?

Salah

Salah,
I believe this is the best techniques for thick or thin sinus. I just posted a video online with less than 1mm sinus membrane. Due to the vortex created in the osteotomy by your burs we get the best of all sinus instruments without the technical difficulty. My plan as you know is to load by 6 weeks. I anticipate an ISQ above 65 throughout the testing.
Thank you for your questions and guidence.
-isaac

Isaac congratulations!!
Superb case and documentation. I agree with you about the V-lift. Easy, quick and safe.
Regards.
Jorge

Thank you my friend. -isaac

Isaac, very nice case and management. Do you think that cross sinus anatomy plays a role here? What is the advantage to use the specific implant with narrower neck? Combining Densah Burs and Verban drill does allow an easier surgical procedure? Thanks for sharing. Armando

Great questions Armando. The anatomy certainly plays a role in aiding for a simple sinus surgery.
With regards to the implant choice I used to be afraid to use this implant in sinus lifts. My fear was the narrow neck wouldn't grip and i'd loose the implant in the sinus. I was using the anyone and other implants in leu of the anyridge implant for many years for that purpose. After much practice with the anyridge I found I received better stability and higher ISQ with the anyridge even in the presence of sinus.
The implant and bur have similar principles allowing for better primary stability, enhancing and expanding soft bone.
Dr Vebans stops are a great adjunct. They make the procedure more controllable and predictable. They assist in proper spacing for placement as well.
Thank you for your questions
-isaac

Isaac. Well done! Do you find the V-lift protocol to be effective with less than 3mm crestal height? Thank you for sharing. Best regards. Chuck

Related Posts

137 Rating(s)
115 Rating(s)
133 Rating(s)
112 Rating(s)
113 Rating(s)