Tunnel Technique CTG Multiple Teeth with ADM

564 Rating(s).

Posted on By Maurice Salama In Soft Tissue Enhancement

Patient presents with multiple recession defect and existing exposed crown margins. Here we attempoted to perform ACDM CTG with Tunnel Approach. 2 Year Post-op displayed. Thoughts. Opinions? Dr. Salama

Tunnel with ACDM
Preop clinical lateral view

Occlusal View
Final Sutures Tunnel

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Tunnel Technique CTG Multiple Teeth with ADM

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

10 Comments

My featured video this week is on the VISTA technique for Soft tissue augmentation and root coverage. Here is a case with a Modified Tunnel Approach. Both seem to work but offer different strategies in terms of incision designs and suture methods. Thoughts? Dr. Salama

Dr Salama, your 2 yr post op looks awesome. Are you finding that some ACDM cases relapse back to their original presentation after 1-3 yrs. I have had a number of cases where the root coverage looked great in the first yr , only to disappear later. are you finding the same in some of your cases. Do you think Perioderm performs better than Alloderm? PS I love your posts.

Anoosh; yes, at times you will see some relapse especially with thin materials. The biggest issue is techniques utilized and suture methods. I teach these all differently with modifications in my Soft tissue hands-on course here in Atlanta in March 2014. Regards Dr. Salama

Maurice; That is awsome result. It is very interesting how your suture technique although located on the papillae it coronally positions the whole flap. Just beautiful!

Yiannis

Thank you Yiannis. I do believe the suturing and MICRO instrumentation is ABSOLUTELY "THE KEY" to success in this approach. regards Maurice

dr. salama a question that if I place part of the porous facing alloderm gum and not to the bone? because the first time i use mistakenly was placed Luke that. I hope your answer thanks

Rafael; It does not matter which direction or orientation of the ACDM contacts the teeth or Gingiva? regards Dr. Salama

Thank you very much now I stay quiet, that place the porous side facing the gum and not the bone, then thought I might have a problem healing.

Thank you very much Dr. Salama

regards

Now using 6.0 Monoglyc absorbable sutures for these cases....a superior suture material now available in the USA. Dr. Salama

Holding up nearly 8 years later....

Related Posts

Magnetic Mallet
Salvin