Tooth hurts when I apply small pressure, pain goes away when I increase the pressure. Dentist found nothing wrong

15 Rating(s).

Posted on By Catlan Sepanek In Other

Only one tooth hurts. The pain is provoked only by small pressure/touch, also when I'm eating. But the pain disappears when I increase the pressure and for 30 seconds I feels no pain. The harder the pressure the less pain I feel. Cold or warm stimuli don't provoke any pain.

All started 1 moths ago, gradually the I could feel more pain and the peek lasted 2-3 days, after that no pain. This cycle repeated itself 3 times. This third time I see that the pain continues to last event after 5 days.

Today I went to the dentist,first he did a visual inspection and didn't find something wrong, then he decided to do a X-Ray (yellow arrow points to the tooth) and again, nothing wrong. Told me to change the tooth paste to Sensodyne rapid relief and different tooth brush.

I had multiple tooth interventions in the past (not at that tooth) and this is nothing like what I have experienced before. I's a strange situation where I feel a strange pain (only on small and medium pressure) and the tooth seems to be OK.

Is this something to do with tooth sensibility?? Or do you think its something else ?

Front central incisor X-Ray

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Tooth hurts when I apply small pressure, pain goes away when I increase the pressure. Dentist found nothing wrong

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

1 Comments

The type of pain you are feeling could be coming from either a periodontal (gum) problem, a tooth fracture, or even an abscess. Best way to find out if the tooth has a crack possibly below the gum line is to see an Endodontist (a dental specialty that deals with root canals) but make sure she or he has a 3D Xray which can find a possible crack. That 3D Xray can also determine if the tooth has a beginning abscess. Second, make sure you have a periodontal probing which both the hygienist or dentist can do.

Ritter
Magnetic Mallet