A how to of socket shield technique. Step by Step pics

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Socket Shield Step by Step

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

8 Comments

how much of a sliver are you trying to retain? Are you performing these in endodontically infected sites?

Thanks my friend....I hate to ask you but you seem to be a machine. Can you provide a video of this procedure? Do you leverage the facial sliver of root during subluxation? How far apical do you take bur when sectioning? What bur do you use that is long enough? What do you use to remove sharp edges of shield? Thanks Mo

Mo I am almost finished with a video and a full lecture for XP. It will explain the technique go through it step by step and then deal with all the complications. Should be ready in a few weeks. It also has a full video of the technique. The lecture will answer all the questions as they are critical ones for a very difficult technique.

Howie. Nice example. Looking forward to your videos! Still a lot of questions to be addressed, but if able to refine and master the technique, I feel SS will be a game changer. Your experience is very helpful. Thank you for sharing. Best regards. Chuck

Nice technique any radiographs available to post? How long is your facial sliver,does it extend to the apex you did you truncate part of the way to the base of the socket?

Howard good guide to introduce intererst , at least,in the community about this technic.
I´m also preparing a video with general topics about biology principles, tech , history and cases.
SS is now a very popular topic.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Jorge

Very well done. I anxiously await your video presentations. I am a big fan. Band

Howie,

Spectacular!

I know you have info in the works but what is your longest follow up and have on a case and have you ever had a shield exfoliate?

Cheers,

Richard

Dentalxp
NovaBone