Socket Shield 2.1 last evolution

111 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jorge Campos In Implants

This Forum, and the last Dentalxp Meeting at Ft. Lauderdale has an enormous influence in PET philosophy.
I want to state the evolution of SS
2010 Markus Hürzeler SS 1.0
2012 SS 1.5
2015 JTI (Salama & Campos) SS 2.0
2016 JTI SS 2.1
The SS 1.0 was done drilling inside the central part of the tooth.
SS 1.5 Change in the technic, cuting the tooth mesiodistal.
SS 2.0 Raise a mini flap to avoid EXTERNAL shield exposure
SS 2.1 Beveling the inner part of the shield to FACILITATE shield coverage.
Here is a case.
Comments?
Jorge

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Socket Shield 2.1 last evolution

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

5 Comments

Hi Jorge. Yes 2.1 makes sense. I learned this the hard way by correcting shield exposures that have occurred with both open and closed approaches. Just Beveled one this morning. One step at a time my friend. Thank you for sharing.

Shield exposusre
Beveled shield

We ALL learn in the hard way...don´t we?
Thanks Chuck. We discussed this at Dentalxp meeting this month...
Thanks.
Jorge

Yes. Smart people learn from their mistakes, but really smart people learn from others mistakes! I hope everyone out there is paying attention. Pretty soon we won't make mistakes anymore:-). I hope.

Jorge, Very very interesting case..but! I think that a shield is a ....shield and that is protective for bone and soft tissue. Fact that you reduce the shield could lead,IMO, to the case situation Chuck showed. I believe that the shield could be longer with no collateral effect and if it moves it will do it in a comfortable area and easy to handle. Does the shield move,according to you? Interesting to see long term result on this specific case. Warm regards. Armando

Hi Armando, my point of view is that what we use of the Shield is only the ability to preserve the PDL, thus the vascularization of the buccal wall (bundle bone). So I don´t trust the supraosseous part of the Shield. It has dentogingival fibers, yes. But: the pressure of the gingave over the Shield generates an external exposure with aesthetics inconvenience. Thats why I prefer for the leveling of the Shield.
Regards my Friend.
We´ll talk at the JTI wiht Howie, Chuck and others about this issues.
Jorge

Related Posts

88 Rating(s)
307 Rating(s)
121 Rating(s)
108 Rating(s)
120 Rating(s)

NovaBone
Brasseler