Red dot on gum

14 Rating(s).

Posted on By Anna Bazinet In Patient/Consumer Inquiries

I have a tiny red dot on my gum. I brush my teeth twice a day, floss as well as use mouthwash daily. I went to the dentist for a cleaning last year in March (was supposed to go again in March this year but my appointment got cancelled because of the virus). It does not hurt, does not bleed, no sensitivity on the tooth or nearby teeth. Should I be concerned? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Red dot on gum

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

4 Comments

Anna; Welcome to Dentalxp. We are always happy to help out patients as well as doctors and staff. Your red spot does not appear to be a concern at this moment BUT I would suggest a radiograph and follow up photos to make sure it does not change color or get larger or emit fluid. Good luck and stay safe. Dr. Salama

You contacted the best plattform for getting information about your case. This red spot seems a kind of pigmentation that you do not have to worry about as long as it is not undergoing changes in size, shape, and protrudance ....just take photos and observe....consult your dentist if you noticed any changes...

Hi Anna, The advice you have been given is perfect. But I would urge you to check with your hygienist to see if he or she had taken any intraoral photos to compare. And be sure to get your teeth cleaned 3-4 times/year. Ronald Goldstein, DDS

Thanks all to offer such a helpful response, I discussed it with my friend and he told me the same, keep sharing more knowledgeable content.

Salvin
PET Kit