Periodontal cleaning vs normal cleaning - I didn't notice any difference

0 Rating(s).

Posted on By Bob W In Periodontics

The hygienist in Florida (I will call her here FLX hygienist) did a $$$ deep cleaning for the second time and then scheduled me for periodontal cleaning every 3 months (I complained that the $$$ deep cleaning felt like a normal cleaning). I asked if I can have a normal cleaning (I noted that her $$ periodontal cleaning felt like it was a normal cleaning I got in NJ). She told me I will always have to pay $$ extra because I will always have the periodontal cleaning every time I come to visit her.

I moved to Florida 2 years ago. I am 40 now and previously in NJ I had only normal cleaning performed twice a year, and once I had a deep cleaning (which very good, 2 ladies worked on me and I got some bleeding and I felt when they cleaned under the gums).

FLC hygienist quit the job shortly after my last visit. I got an infection and the doctor said the FLC did not do a good job deep cleaning because I got an infection. The next hygienist suggested a completely different plan. Instead of cleaning all teeth she just picked 4-6 teeth for deep cleaning.

Can you please advise how much difference is between periodontal and normal cleaning. What do you think about my situation with the cleaning?

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Periodontal cleaning vs normal cleaning - I didn't notice any difference

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

2 Comments

No, actually there is a difference between the two: Periodontal cleaning is recommended to patients that have periodontal disease:Suffering from gum problems. This also takes care of gums, tooth roots, bones. Normal cleaning is recommended for patients having good oral health: no gum problems or bone loss. It is effective in removing tartar, plaque & bacteria.

Periodontal cleaning is normally needed if you had a treatment of periodontal disease.

Brasseler
Ritter