Narrow lower ridge treatment

85 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jorge Campos In Implants

A 54 y/o female with a narrow ridge was treated with implants to restore bucolingual width at the same time of implant placement. A corticotomy with vertical discharges were done.
Implant insertion create a green fracture and expansion.
Also a CTG from tuberosity was located under 2nd premolar to enhance kg.
See evolution of 3 months.
Mucoginginval surgery was done to deepen vestibule. Kazanjian like flap was sutured apically.
Two screwed and splinted crowns for the definite prosthesis.
Regards.
Jorge

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Narrow lower ridge treatment

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

10 Comments

Nicely managed Jorge. 3 questions;
what was the pre-op width of the ridge? I,m not sure what you mean by Cortical Discharges. Did you have vertical cuts on the buccal plate in the cortex for the expansion? Did you do all this with full thickness or partial thickness flap reflection on the buccal?

Hi Anosh:
On the crest at the very edge top was 2 mm, the minimum for crest spliting.
If you have the whole mandible or maxilla I don´t use any vertical discharge, for sectoriall zones you need to do verticall discharges.
All of them with periostium attached, so it is split thickness flap.
Regards,
Jorge

Jorge. Great case! Relatively simple and effective. Thank you for sharing. Best regards. Chuck.

Chuck, I like to do block grafts on that area, but sometimes...I wonder if this treatment is possible because it is faster for the patient. Saves time, and is efective.
Also mucogingival management must be precise to obtain maximum benefit.
Thanks for your comments.
Jorge

Muy buen trabajo Jorge, y lógica de tratamiento !!!! felicidades , saludos Eduardo.

Gracias Eduardo!
Me alegro de que te guste.
Tiene lógica, pero hay que cumplir todos los pasos...
Un abrazo.
Jorge

FGG lower left? Nice management.

Yes Mo. FGG on bicuspid, on first surgery. On second, just a Kazanjian deepening vestible tech.
I believe that these cases must be treated like this, if not MGL is very close to the implant...and long term results are risky due to mucosa pull on the neck of our implants.
What do you think? Sometimes this detail is not well resolved.
Jorge

Related Posts

Brasseler
Henry Schein