Molar SS with improved gingival outcome

39 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jorge Campos In Sinus Augmentation

A fractured molar has to be removed. PET was performed and after integration, with the use of cervico VPI we obtained an improvement on buccal profile. The implant was introduced on palatall socket and some internal sinus lift was done also.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Molar SS with improved gingival outcome

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

13 Comments

Tissue remodeling

Great result here. Do you prep thru isthmus between roots? Why do you feel tissue improves here? Mo

Hi Mo, in this case I used the palatall socket because I prepared the interroot bone but failed for sinus lifting due to small perf.
If you see the mesial retraction level on the patient´s molar now you can see it´s corrected due to km formation after treatment. Allograft was used+prf .
Thanks for the comment.
Regards
Jorge

This is an another brick in the wall showing perfectly superiority of PET and individual healing abutment.
It is like a new tooth is grown!
Congratulations, Jorge, fantastic result.
Have you augmented after partial extraction? Or left the mesio-buccal empty above the apical part, the bone on adjacent SS, tooth and apical SS acted like tent for the gingiva over mesio-buccal part?
Thank you for sharing!
Snjezana

Thanks Snjezana!
I grafted with allograft +prf, and as you say, the Shields make the tent effect that is so important to achieve the correct arquitechture.
Truly, a new tooth.
Regards,
Jorge

Hello
Have you not been in position to use a wider diameter implant.
Lovely result!
Cheers
Todor

Todor, thanks for your kind words, on this case I could have used a wider implant but this 4x10 worked well. The idea was to use the cortical bone of the socket as anchorage instead of using a wider implant and loosing this high quality bone.
Just my choice.
Regards
Jorge

Jorge amazing result! It is very impressive how the soft tissue deficiency (recession) has been completely eliminated. The facial profiling of the prosthesis is just awesome!!!

HI Ioannis, I found that I can use the VPI system also ASIMETRICALY, as you can see on this case. The results are great even though.
thanks for comenting
Jorge

Of course you can, you just use the OFF SET silicone insert and you do not need to make any chair side adjustments :)

Great!! I´m doing myself...;-)

NovaBone
Henry Schein