A history of implants in South Africa

1 Rating(s).

Posted on By Howard Gluckman In Implants

Our practice has been running for close to 50 years and I am proud to be associated with it since 1998 together with Dr Les Lazarus who started the practice. I am now together with Dr Deon De Villiers who is a prosthodontist for the last 10 years. This case shows the implants through the ages in south africa with the original cement retained abutments( not cement retained crowns )which were cemented into the implant itself. To the microvents which were a fantastic implant and the branemark, Sterri-oss, Xive, Nobel Active etc. All of which are still going strong many years on.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on A history of implants in South Africa

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

8 Comments

Howard, congratulations. You have ran a long way of the implantology...
Machined surfaces also worked well.
Jorge

Thanks Jorge. My practice has had a lot of experience. For me it has been 20 years.

Howie. Precise fit and occlusion are important. Quality Dentistry works and will stand the test of time! Even in South Africa :-). Really nice to see a case like this. Thank you for sharing. Chuck

This case is amazing as everything has worked from the oldest to the newest. i think what we see with failures is as Swhartz-arad terms cluster failures in single patients. In other words some patients are prone to implant failure while others are totally resistant and anything works.

Interesting case!
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Anton

Yes Howard remember cementable abutments with trepidation .....
Also the great work and character of the late Mark Otto a really memorable man in SA Implantology

wow thanks for sharing this case Howard,
so many things to consider and learn from cases like this one.

Yiannis

Brasseler
Ritter