Full Arch Edentulous Maxillary and Mandibular implant insertion.

104 Rating(s).

Posted on By Wahib Moussa In Classifieds

Hello all
Case started by online communication, an edentulous elegant lady living in USA came and following treatment was conducted.
Digital insertion of 8 maxillary and 8 mandibular implants.
Smile analysis was conducted ,
Patient waited for healing , then prosthetic treatment ,
With Maxillary & Mandibular Zirconium restoration.
Patient smile returned back making her a happy lady.
Thoughts and comments are welcomed.
Wahib Moussa

5-Smile analysis
1- Preoperative Clinical view & Planning for digital guide.

2- Digital guide seated on mandibular arch and insertion implants.
3- Digital guide seated on maxillary arch and insertion implants.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Full Arch Edentulous Maxillary and Mandibular implant insertion.

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

11 Comments

Great Case and no denying the functional and esthetic management and life changing service provided BUT, I continue to be disappointed by the INCISIONLESS approach to these cases as it often performs WITH the loss of IMPORTANT keratinized tissues. This is especially a concern in the edentulous mandible. See closely the photos of the location of the tissue punch in the mandible here. KT has been lost and could have easily been managed with a linear flap and minimal dissection. Again, wonderful case and digital planning but I would have raised a flap in the mandible.
regards Dr. Salama

Thank you very much Dr. Salama for your valuable and positive comments on this case, As for the INCISIONLESS approach ,I definitely agree with your opinion, coming from a master like Yourself, and will be considered in my future cases. Dental XP. is for sharing, learning And a great publishing forum. Thank you again Dr. Salama , with my best regards. Wahib Moussa

I have found that these cases always work out better by establishing esthetics, phonetics and function with a well made denture and using this to formulate your plan. I know scans are the rage right know but some plans work best with the real patient. This is not a comment from Dr. McCabe. It is Dr. David Simmons. I am viewing this on his compute as XP is not very university friendly.

Dr. Chuck McCabe, Dr. David Simmons…..Thank you sincerely for commenting on the case, I do agree that establishing esthetics is a priority and an important factor in the success of these cases. Smile analysis helped greatly in obtaining a very pleasing result for our patient. Thanks again. Best regards…Wahib Moussa

Chuck or David please elaborate...

do you mean preference for an intraoral set or university unfriendly?

Dr. Chuck McCabe.

Wahib great case and documentation and thank you for sharing!
I totally agree with Maurice on flap/soft tissue management. I would add some ST graft on some of the mandibular implants at this point.
Since you planed for hybrid solution for the maxilla, I believe that the transition line should be hidden by the lip, thus maxillary bone resection with more apical implant placement should be done?
Once again thanks for sharing, we are all here in order to learn and improve our skills.
Ioannis

Dear Ioannis . Thank you greatly for commenting on the case and your kind obsevations,I definitely Agree with Dr. Maurice and yourself and strongly believe that there is always room for better and perfection. Sharing & Discussions are the best tools for achieving excellence. In this case ,moving from being edentulous for years to a fixed restoration with a great smile made our patient a very happy and satisfied person. Thanks again. Best regards. Wahib

Great service to this patient with a minimally invasive approach. I do agree with Dr Salama regarding KT issue. The patient must have been ecstatic with this result.

Thanks for sharing :)
Ehab

Dear Ehab ,Thank you very much for you kind comment, I do agree with Dr. Salama and yourself regarding the keratinized gingival tissue and its importance .Patient appreciation and happiness was the best outcome in this case..best regards & thanks . Wahib Moussa

Ritter
Salvin