Do I need to go for second opinion. Endo want to redo the root canal or extract the tooth.

0 Rating(s).

Posted on By Newuser Newuser In Endodontics

I am concerned about this tooth#30 issue. I have lower jaw pain under ear and neck for 9 months now. I went to dentist for that. He checked and told me that I might have a tooth root fracture in #30.he took CbcT scan. I have been told I might have a tooth root fracture and that might be the reason for my symptoms.

I went to Endodontist. He tapped on that tooth and that hurts. He gave me bite paper to bite on and that hurts. He said I needed root canal. It was hurting a little only for taping and Biting. He said can try rct or crown can help. He also said if he can open the tooth for rct, he can view the fracture if it's present or not.

I did rct in September and crown in november. I have sore pain on that tooth and gum since crown placed. I still have that lower jaw pain under ear and neck.

It hurts for tapping and biting on that tooth. I have taken 2 cone beam CT scans on that tooth. Before and after the root canal. But the dentist said, we can't see the fracture in the cbct and want me to go with symptoms and try redo the root canal with wider canal fillings. If that doesn't help, trying the extraction. I didn't do the root canal retreatment yet.

Can we see the root fracture in the cone beam CT scan?

I am attaching the copy of those cone beam CT scan of tooth#30. I would appreciate if you can take a look at it and please let me know your inputs. I have placed as zipped folder since it has large number of files. You can view the images by extracting all the files after downloading. You have to extract all the files after downloading the folder.

1.Cone beam CT scan of tooth #30, dec 2020. Taken after the root canal.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1M9oXtZmKC3pY_yDokaZ83i7Q-cKvcCMO

2. Cone beam CT scan of tooth #30, june 2020. Taken before root canal.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1uiGH2KV-d0UTa-DeDnSs1pnyLtD9BCEX

I went to an oral surgeon for my jaw pain. He said it looks like Myofascial pain dysfunction Syndrome. But he was not sure about this tooth issue. He want me to check this tooth issue before I do further treatment for tmjd /MPDS. He didn't give any night guard. He want me to try PT. He said this jaw pain might be from bruxism. He is not sure about tooth fracture.
Do I need to extract #30? Can anyone see any fracture in the given CBCT? Please let me know your inputs.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Do I need to go for second opinion. Endo want to redo the root canal or extract the tooth.

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

7 Comments

Any thoughts doctors?

HI!! I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND I WASN´T SURE UNTIL I KNEW THE INVISILIGN TREATMENT, I RECOMMEND YOU TO CHECK THIS LINK. I HOPE IT WILL SERVE YOU MY FRIEND. https://sacksortho.com/invisalign/

Medstar Rehabilitation is a local business established in the year 1999, by a group of physiotherapists. We provide various types of physical therapy services. https://medstarrehabilitation.com/

I think you should extract the tooth under specialized doctors.

Why do you say Extraction? Please someone provide the reason ? Are real dentists available in this forum ? Or this is kind of marketing place? I am new here and don't understand how this forum works.

Thanks Dr Avijit. Do you mean Extraction of tooth is the only solution?

Related Posts

0 Rating(s)
126 Rating(s)
123 Rating(s)
0 Rating(s)

NovaBone
Dentalxp