Bone stability on SS cases, a review

32 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jorge Campos In Implants

The aim of the implantology is to restore teeth. Nowadays there is a new trend that try to PRESERVE at the most the tissues for the future crowns. Here I show 3 cases that has different time evolutions. The importance of this post is to help showing images of the tissues we are working on and how they are PRESERVED via PET or SPOT (site preservation of tissues) techniques. What began at 2010 with a proof of principles by Dr. M. Hürzeler, and with many years ago RST (root submergence tech), now has become a trend that tries to obtain the 100% of the site.
Images are self describing.
Regards
Jorge

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Bone stability on SS cases, a review

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

22 Comments

Jorge that is amazing!
PET changes a lot of the principles we follow today with regards to both ridge dimensional and papillae dimensional stability.
I am very curious if it also has a positive direct or most likely indirect impact on peri-implantitis prevention...
Maurice to answer a question of yours on another post, Dxp speeds up the process of implementing in our everyday practice new protocols. What I like the most is that the members of Dxp post everything, good and bad with pure honesty and only goal to help each other become better. This to me is priceless.

Yiannis

Ioannis I truly believe SPOT/PETtreatments are game changers. Implants proximity, papilla preservation, IHB preservation, KG prservation, vascularity preservation...
This really helps to prevent IMHO perimplantitis.
In two ways:
Tissue thickness prevents brush damages.
Vascularity thru PDL keeps inmune response more active on the zone.
Real bone, not a DFBA, is more active against infection
(Canullo 2015)
I think you describe exactly what all members of tjis Forum post our good/bad cases. With open mind and freely to share to improve altogether.
Idealistic? Yes of Course!
Regards
Jorge

Jorge, such a beautiful Friday poetry review!
Look at these adjacent implants, wow!
You know, I`m so sorry that it took me so much time to start with SPoT-PET-SS. Honestly, when PET patients come for recall, or for impression or anything - I`m relaxed, I know that it`s going to be nice. I`m cautious and perform PET if there are not contraindications.
We should give DentalXP, especially Forum, credit for not only spreading the idea, but for great discussions that force one to think about biology, biomechanic, possible complications and failures...
Thank you for sharing your exceptional work!
Snjezana

Friday Poetry!
You were not the first of Ss group but now you are in the front group!
I love to see youre cases as well.
Regards
Jorge

Great post Jorge. Keep them coming!!! Always enjoy the evolution of your cases. Regards Naheed

Jorge. These results for types of case just are not possible to achieve and sustain.with any other treatment modality. Keep leading us forward my friend! Best wishes. Chuck

Chuck, we know that this is true. NO other treatment can do this. This is the true revolution that began few years ago...with you and the PET gang.
Ha, ha. Regards
Jorge

Thanks Naheed. Is nice to see cases now with 4 years evolution and perfectly as they were on the begining. Some of them improve the quality of the KG.
Thanks for your coments
Jorge

Hi Jorge
Really good proof of success throught
This biologic principles.
Thanks for showing this results.
Regards

Thanks Mariano, you are right. This is a biologic way of implant treatment modality that has no other like this preserving the SITE.
Regards
Jorge

Wow! Great case study. You are doing a great job. The review made me to think a lot about the new possibilities. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Blossom, this cases show you how much stability can we obtain in a couple of years. Of course that this give us a lot to think about. We have been doing a very different job, without respecting bone biology at all.
Regards
Jorge

Wow! Great case study. You are doing a great job. The review made me to think a lot about the new possibilities. Thanks for sharing.

Awsome!

Such a delicate procedure does require a great amount of skill and patience by the Doctors. Check out this Dentzz Review by William from New Jersey, USA flew down to India for dental treatment at Dentzz Dental.They offer high quality dental implants and cosmetic dental treatments by specialized and globally trained dentists in Mumbai and Delhi, India. https://dentzzreview.wordpress.com/

Professor,

Powerful proof! Sorry I did not comment earlier- So in regards to perimplantitis prevention- say you splinted these crowns, which we all know makes hygiene a bit more difficult, few questions 1. Increased bacterial trapping= tissue inflammation - thoughts on affecting adjacent shields 2. Patient uses floss threader daily- between splinted shields - risk of floss eventually in sulcus against shield ? Food for thought...

Cheers,

Richard

Jorge, I see in your cases that the bone levels are maintained coronal to the implant abutment connection in many cases. Do you have an opinion as to why? Is the SS capable of overcoming any bone loss that might other wise be associated with the connection? To use your prior explanation, since the blood supply is maintained the bone just may be capable of sustaining any ill effects from the connection. I so much appreciate your missionary stance on SS, PET, SPoT. The rest of us benefit immensely.

Dentalxp
Salvin