Autologous bone plates mixed with autogenous bone chip the ultimate bone graft

188 Rating(s).

Posted on By Howard Gluckman In Bone Grafting

The use of autogenous bone brings vital cells that are osteoconductive, osteoinductive as well as osteogenic. However the harvesting of bone blocks is difficult and not without risk. These bone plates from Botiss now help us do away with the need for the blocks and allows us to just harvest the autogenous bone chip from the same area using a safe scraper or a ACM or Megagen Automax. This gives us the best of both worlds and makes the difficult techniques available to most surgeons who did not like to harvest blocks. The technique gives both graft stability as well as Space maintenance to the vital bone chips and the block stays there simply to hold the bone in place.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Autologous bone plates mixed with autogenous bone chip the ultimate bone graft

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

5 Comments

Howie, is the incision in all mucosa? I have done this flap before and the issues are as you say.....but layered remote closure.

I would like to thank both Dr. Howie Gluckman as all who form the dentalxp community for the exceptional reception I have received from you.
It is a luxury and an honor to be mented by doctors worldwide recognized.
At this time in my life I am very busy with my recent fatherhood, but I'm preparing a lot of material to be shared.

Also, a special thanks to the person of Maurice Salama for the generosity of opening a world of knowledge that knows no borders.

I thank you all.

Berto

By the way, i have taken a look to my datas, and in 6 years i have done 74 groove technique, 73 total success, only one partial failure, which allow perfect implant placement.

The technique really works, and the innovation proposed by Dr Gluckman will open this procedures to the majority of the professionals.

Very well done, My good friend

I hope we can lecture together, that Would be great .

Berto

You two guys rock. i have been looking for this technique for a long time . But your cases are awesome . Tanks for sharing.

Would you have any CBCT images to share of the healed graft sites 4-6 months post grafting. I would be very interested in observing the volume of bone available after graft consolidation for the placement of implants

Henry Schein
Dentalxp