Affects of mobile temporary on implant platform

6 Rating(s).

Posted on By Sattar Syed In Soft Tissue Enhancement

Pt is a female in her late 50s. ASA II, she has HTN and arthritis. Pt desired a full arch fixed prosthesis in the maxilla and has a mix of natural and implant supported dentition in the mandible. Pt accepted to have a serial extraction protocol and replace her failing maxillary teeth. #s 2, 6, 11 were left to support a temporary bridge and 4, 5, 7, 8, 12 were replaced with implants. 7 & and 8 had socket shield technique. Smile transition temp was placed on the abutments and pt left for a cruise. After one month pt returned with mobile temporary bridge and cement overhang-she had re cemented the temporary herself. Tissue has moved apically and the machined collar is exposed. Currently she is due for ext of 6 and 11 and socket grafting on both. I am using this window of opportunity to possibly enhance the soft tissue. She has a thick bio-type and a low smile line. There many option including burying the implant. Please kindly let me know your thoughts. This is silly but I cannot seem to flip my photos 180...forgive me

PA
Temp

smile
front pic

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Affects of mobile temporary on implant platform

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

4 Comments

Options;
1. Remove implant as you seem to have enough.
2. CAF with CTG and bury cover screw, come back after 3-4 months and re-expose
Good luck Dr. Salama

Thank you Maurice, I will take option 2. I will post my results.

You should consult some good dentists near you for suggestions.

Thank you. I found good dentists in dental xp.

Related Posts

Brasseler
NovaBone