Zirconia Implant Placement with Guided Surgery

87 Rating(s).

Posted on By Sammy Noumbissi In Implants

A virtual surgery was done and a surgical guide generated from computerized planning. However during surgery after the initial drills it was obvious upon verification that the position of the implant was different than was had been planned and sent out for production. Manual drill angle adjustments were made and the implant osteotomy was modified in order to position and place the implant for optimal prosthetics and function.

Add a comment to the discussion on Zirconia Implant Placement with Guided Surgery

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

5 Comments

Nice video...When do you prep he Zr implant? How long before loading?

Hello Maurice, thank you. In this case and when necessary I prep the abutment at the time of surgery in order to have clearance. In most cases I do not need to prep the abutment.

Hi Sammy,

Guided surgery is a very accurate tool if it's used properly. I see your guide was quite loose. Would that be the cause of the bad angulation?

Also, I have noticed you do not use irrigation to drill? What speed do you drill at?

Thanks for sharing

I totally agree with your statement on the guide, it was poorly made and ill-fitting. I stopped using those types of guides, I now use open-frame guides which I will post in the near future.
With regards to the speed especially with zirconia drills I set my motor at maximum 600 rpm.

Also remember Zirconia is a very poor thermal conductor and therefore does not heat up like metal drills.

Hu-Friedy
3Shape