Videoscope assisted minimally invasive surgery; Maxillary Furcation Debridement

81 Rating(s).

Posted on By Jonathan Blansett In Periodontics

67 yr old female with past history of s/rp; still has 7-8 mm probing depths around some of her maxillary molars. This video is of root instrumentation of the furcations. Always amazed at how difficult it can be to remove the calculus even when you can visualize it. Best regards, -jb

Add a comment to the discussion on Videoscope assisted minimally invasive surgery; Maxillary Furcation Debridement

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

3 Comments

Amazing video and it remains the key to ANY perio therapy. Thanks for sharing. Dr. Salama

Jon
Very nice meticulous procedure. Ever consider removing some of that calculus and granulation tissue w a fine diamond on a high speed or to traumatic?

Thanks J

Rocco

Hey Dr. Mele,

I would like to and it would certainly be more efficient. The problem (for now) is this is typically a 'look and see' type of instrument. Conventional debridement with ultrasonics and hand scalers, dry the surgical site with guaze, insert videoscope and see what's left to do. Those last little tags were in a spot where a conventional cavitron tip or hand scaler wouldn't reach it...out of frustration I finally had our assistant hold the camera in place and I hand scaled it off indirectly looking at the monitor. I am going to try a fine diamond football and/or flame bur with a slow speed handpiece next...the hshp with water spray would likely make it impossible to see through the lens.

PET Kit
KLS Martin