The value of image planning surgery: an accuracy revaluation method

124 Rating(s).

Posted on By armando ponzi In CBCT & CAD/CAM

Video shows accuracy revaluation of actual implant over the implant to be, using superimposition X-ray method.
Software OMS by Materialise allows matching between a first x-ray volume that contains virtual data and a second one with the actual data. The shown level of accuracy is result of inhouse control and production of all data and ultimate file is externalize for digital stent production by Materialise.
A high accuracy level could allow planning and production of customized abutment build on top of the implant to be before surgery with a "single step healing process".

Add a comment to the discussion on The value of image planning surgery: an accuracy revaluation method

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

6 Comments

Remarkable use of technology. What is the time spent and how close are we to 3D in office printing. thanks Dr. Salama

Mo,
thanks for appreciation. I'm actually using a 3D printer in office that was bought this year. We are working on it and doing interesting things. 3D printer may be the needed interface for many of us combinging virtual volume that could be not readily perceived with a solid model, tactile experience, being easier to experience.
I'll be glad to share some of this study shortly.

Hi Armando!
Once again your planning skills are beautifull. I´m getting very interested on digital planning.
Thanks for sharing.
Jorge

Jorge,
this digital film gives insight about level of accuracy that can be achieved and the possibility of combine it with SS may lead to new concept of surgical procedure and healing

Armando. Once again. Impressive command of this technology. You certainly have captured my attention. Thank you and please continue to share! Best regards. Chuck

Chuck,
I'm sure you' ll appreciate and use this way of planning. I understand you've got a 3D X-ray: these software enhance images introducing a new 'dynamic image concept'.
Thanks for comment.

Hu-Friedy
BTI