Socket preservation protocol with lifting a flap
1. Before Flap reflection perform short mesial oblique vertical incision (up to 2 mm into the mobile mucosa).
2. Raise full thickness flap, minimally as needed to expose the entire defect – (Do not perform any manipulation to get tension free flap. No horizontal dissection release cuts, and no brushing. the flap should be with tension during closure and not tension free).
3. Extract the tooth and prepare the site for grafting.
4. Cement application
* Eject the cement into the site.
* Place dry sterile gauze and press firmly for 3 seconds on the buccal and occlusal aspects.
5. Reposition the flap for maximal closure by stretching it directly above the cement (exposure of 2-3 mm is fine, but no more than that)