Sinus lift with implant placement.

103 Rating(s).

Posted on By Ahmad Hawasli In Sinus Augmentation

Sinus lift was done for area # 3.
FDBA used to graft the sinus, collagen membrane was used to cover the membrane.
5X11.5 mm implant was inserted with torque 45 Ncm.
Your comments and thoughts are highly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Dr. Hawasli

Add a comment to the discussion on Sinus lift with implant placement.

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

8 Comments

Beautiful video Ahmad. Well done. Do you have any Xrays or Ctscan?

Nicely done. What are your parameters for simultaneous implant placement at time of sinus augmentation? Dr. Salama

Thank you Dr. Salam, the parameter of implant placement during sinus lift procedure is to have enough residual alveolar bone for primary implant stability 4-5 mm. However, Implant placement is not recommended if we have big sinus membrane tearing during the procedure.

Thank you Andoni, I will make sure to post the x-ray here this week. I don't have it with me currently.

Very nice surgical technique. Did you consider a crestal lift which would have decreased the morbidity of the surgery for the patient? Presenting the pre-op radiographs would be beneficial in understanding the case and your choices.

Thank you Jerome, yes you are right we can use crestal approach with such case and it is less invasive. I had 5 mm remaining crestal bone. The thing is this patient had extraction and site preservation done by another periodontist about 1 year ago and I was not sure about the bone quality to do crestal approach. I do have x-ray now but I am trying to figure out how I will add them to this video or here in the comment section!.

Dr. Salama, do you know please how I can add photos to this case discussion, if I click edit and upload the images it will delete the whole video I believe!. Thank you so much!.
Dr. Hawasli

Nice video. thanks for sharing Sam

360 Imaging
BioHorizons