Sinus Lift Failure with Success after Third Implant. 14-Year Outcome

148 Rating(s).

Posted on By Vincenzo Foti In Sinus Augmentation

The failure of an implant after sinus lift can happen due to immature bone. Adriano Piattelli has demonstrated that mineralization of new cortical is completed after 4 months-1 year, but the cancellous after 1-3 years. So if the native bone is less than 3 mm, the implant can rotate when it is connected to the abutment or does not able to support the prosthetic load. Now I present you a my case with 14 years of follow-up where I had a failure after 1 year of healing. I placed a new implant with same failure after 1 year and finally the success with third implant after 3 years. The rehabilitation is stable after 10 years of loading

Add a comment to the discussion on Sinus Lift Failure with Success after Third Implant. 14-Year Outcome

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

2 Comments

What an interesting case follow up...thanks for sharing. I have felt that same way for quite some time....regards Maurice

Thanks Maurice, this case is significant and has cleared me some concepts that before were only teoretic in my mind.
Best regards
Enzo

Augma Bio
Ritter