Re-entry for implants placement after Khoury ridge augmentation technique.

407 Rating(s).

Posted on By Cristian Rotaru In Bone Grafting

This is the follow up video of a case i have posted back in december on the DentalXp website.

http://www.dentalxp.com/video/reconstruction-a-critical-size-3d-bone-1143494.aspx?locale=

In the first video the ridge was augmented usind the Khoury Technique and now the patient returned for implants placement.
Please note the vital bone that we have achieved, the bleeding of this new formed bone
Enjoy !

Add a comment to the discussion on Re-entry for implants placement after Khoury ridge augmentation technique.

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

22 Comments

So critical...to see this. Thank you Dr. Salama

Poetry! Thank you for sharing!
Cheers
Snjezana

Thank you , Dear Snjezana !
You are too kind !

Nice result Cristian.
Were the holding screws sticking out at the time of placement the same way they are on re-entry?

Hi ,

No , they werent that much .
You can watch the first video , i posted the link to it . Some resorbtion of the plate had occur over this period of time since the augmentation procedure.
Thsnk you !

I just want to say that this video and your techniques are exceptional. I am so impressed. Are you concerned with expanding the bone at time of implant placement? Regards Maurice

Thank you dr Salama for the Beautiful words.

No , i am not , if the drills are not touching the bone plate .
If they are, than i dont do it as it could detach the plate.

Thank you my friend...I am typically concerned about detaching the plate during drilling. I saw that you kept one screw in during initial drilling of first site. Very clever.

Bello..complimenti...Grazie

Thank you !

Beautifully done, thorough execution of the case, well documented video which is very difficult to do during the surgery. Thank you sharing

Thank you very much for the Nice words !

Cristian,
Great to see you here - very clean - and smart to keep screw in place - with your healin abutment and suture techniques - are you hoping to get some keratinized gain ?

Cheers,

Richard

Hi , Richard !

Great to be back on the forum again !
Thank you for your input !

Yes, i hope to get some, but if it is not enough, the patient is already informed that a FGG might be needed. S-o i will evaluate the situation in about a month.

Thank you again .

Soft tissue healing

Such wonderful work here....my complements. Dr. Salama

Thank you , dr Salama !

Stunning work

There is nothing quite like it. Bravo beautiful and gentle surgery I love it

I love the whole site preparation with the Versah. It shows clear biological thinking at every turn. Great work

Christian. Exceptional display of talent and equally exceptional result. I believe this is the first time I have seen Densah used for an Autogenous Khoury plate case. I noticed the absence of Halo effect at the crest and a hollow apperence within the Osteotomy. What was the time frame of healing and Osteotomy.. PLEASE.continue to update us on this most significant case! Best regards. Chuck

This is solid results for tissue development and a further step into preseving the gain. The lack of the hallow that Chuck is referring to is not an issue. This is a healing trabecular bone.
The developed bone tissue may not be a fully matured trabecular bone yet, but not an issue as long as we can preserve its bulk through Osseodensification to enhance implant stability.
Introducing titanium as a highly conductive surface at this stage would help as long as good implant stability can be achieved.
Historically, we waited long so grafted bone would mature and harden enough to handle the barbaric drill bit destruction. Please rethink bone instrumentation specially in regenerated tissue. Thank you for sharing

BTI
Hu-Friedy