Poorly positioned implant removed and replaced with GBR

184 Rating(s).

Posted on By Howard Gluckman In Failures

A buccally placed implant WAS REMOVED AND THEN REPLACED WITH A NEW IMPLANT AND FINALLY A GBR USING A TITANIUM REINFORCED CYTOPLAST MEMBRANE WAS COMPLETED

Add a comment to the discussion on Poorly positioned implant removed and replaced with GBR

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

23 Comments

Howie; Great video my friend. When would you suggest a membrane and tacks over a I-Gen Ti membrane connected to implant itself? Do you use a bone scraper or ACM drill to harvest autogenous bone? Thnx Mo

I think its a matter of preference. I went for the cytoplast here due to the unusual shape of the defect and thought this one would better fit the defect. With regards to autogenous bone I don't use it here. I am only using sticky bone. If I do use it then I use a mix of either safe scraper or automax

Final Xray 8 months post op

Greatly executed and straightforward!
There’s a bluish tint to the gingival tissue, probably venous pool. ( it was there from the start). Would the patient require it adressed for esthetic reasons, I’m curious to know how it could be done.

Im not sure venous pooling rather than metal tattoo. No the patient has a low biplane and it is not an aesthetic concern. If it was then I would use use laser to remove after I have thickened with CTG

Great case Howard, nice fix for a disaster. I have seen you solve these cases with autogenous plates, what made you go for the citoplast instead? Regards

Thanks Andoni.
I would normally have used autogenous however we also takebpatient need into consideration. And with this case and the position of the implant and the anatomy of the defect we decided on the lesser treatment for this case. So ultimately the patient decided in this case.

Awesome

Well done Howie! What kit did you use to remove the implant?

Thanks Craig It was the megagen 911 kit

Hi Dr Howard,

Very nice video. I just wanted to ask you what did you use as temporary after the surgery and for how much time before loading the implant. Thank you very much.

José Camelo Ferreira

Thanks Jose. we used a provisional partial acrylic removable denture. It is my provisional of choice.

DoWell Dental Products
Augma Bio