Pontic Site Development

2 Rating(s).

Posted on By Paul Kozy DDS In Soft Tissue Enhancement

A Free CT Tuberosity Graft is used in an extraction socket to restore tissue contours for tooth #9. No sutures were used.

Add a comment to the discussion on Pontic Site Development

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

6 Comments

thanks dr kuzy for your share. why you did not use any bone graft to socket preservation?
ali

Thanks Ali,
Pt. did not want to consider more surgery. (Bone graft and implant). I had placed immediate non resorb HA in socket with no membrane but noted collapse of facial tissue shortly after. If implant was option I would have done Mineross with membrane. Possible CTG later.
Thank you,
PK

Nice,do you think that it would be more safe to suture the CT in the area?
Tnx Omid

Yes I do. If temp bridge came off this could be trouble.
PK

Thanks dr Kozy, really nice trial, but let me ask you about how did you prepare the socket for receiving the graft & made it fit into it...and if the patient refused a second surgery for restoring the labial bone defect, how he convinced with taking graft from tuberosity which is considered a surgery?!

The socket was prepped with large diamond in hi speed handpiece.
Just enough to de-epithelialize the surface. Also the papillae were released slightly with 15 blade. The CTG was larger than socket but could be stuffed into it. Also some of this graft extended behind released papillae.
Greater cost was patients objection to grafting, implant , and crown.
Thanks,
PK

KLS Martin
Ritter