PET for maxillary canine

133 Rating(s).

Posted on By yiannis vergoullis In Implants

#23 was hopeless and we replaced immediately with implant following the PET protocol.
- Cervical profile evaluation
- PET preparation
- Osseodensification with Versah drills
- V3 B+ 3.9 x 11 implant
- FDBA (Cortico-cancellous) mixed with TTC (4:1)
-Collagen sponge
- Periacryl
In 3 months the implant will be uncovered and a custom healing abutment will be installed for emergence & cervical profile development (we will post the follow up video) :)

Add a comment to the discussion on PET for maxillary canine

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

3 Comments

Excellent treatment. Can you explain the need for the collagen sponge and peri-acryl. I like the idea very much. Also, you add the periacryl with a wet glove to smooth over wound? thanks Maurice

Thank you Maurice!
I routinely use collagen sponges for small sockets in order to contain the graft material. This resorbs in about 7-10 days. I cover it with periacryl in order to isolate it and reduce the resorption time as possible. The periacryl I set it up as you said and then cover it with vaseline. It has worked very good for me for many years now and this way I avoid the extra trauma of a FGG seal or the cost of a membrane. When I will uncover I will utilise the crestal tissue (depithelialised) as a rotational small CTG to ensure better quality/quantity of ST facially.

To connect this case with the previous one posted and your comment of proper custom healing abutment contouring, in this case the canine is facially positioned so my healing abutment will be under contoured facially to keep it within the envelope formed by the cervical profiles of the adjacent teeth.

Finally I forgot to point out how important is PET in this case where adjacent to the new implant there is an older one present.
Warm regards and I hope to see you in Madrid,
Ioannis

Great video, and thanks for the detail of vaseline!
I will try.
Regards Ioannis and see you soon!
At Madrid JTI meeting
Jorge

360 Imaging
Omnia