PET & CERVICAL PROFILE MANAGEMENT

140 Rating(s).

Posted on By yiannis vergoullis In Implants

This is a case I did quite a while ago. #23 was doomed hopeless and we performed immediate replacement with an implant, utilising the PET technique. Due to low initial stability we followed a two stage protocol (6 months healing) and we developed a custom cervical profile, utilising a custom healing abutment produced by the tools of the Cervico system by VPI. Looking back at the case I would do the following things different:
1) I would utilise today versah drills, as they would allow me to manipulate my osteotomy better and increase my initial stability. This would possibly allow me a one stage procedure or a re-entry at 3 months and not 6 months post implant placement
2) I would utilise an implant with more aggressive body and narrower head as the V3 by MIS that I have started utilising lately. This would allow me more room between implant head and root shield. This is particularly important for the restorative phase and also makes implant placement easier as you do not run the risk to engage and dislodge the root shield.
Things turned out great but these adjustments would make the procedure easier and more predictable.
Now a duplicate impression post generated with the Cervico system will be utilised at the impression stage and this will allow us to transfer the information of the developed emergence & cervical profile to the lab in order for the final prosthesis to follow this information in this critical area.

I will be in Madrid for the JTI meeting and I am looking forward to hopefully meet in person all the great masters of PET :)

Add a comment to the discussion on PET & CERVICAL PROFILE MANAGEMENT

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

4 Comments

Wonderful case management!
Looking forward to see you again in Madrid and to post my cases with VPI touch!
Here preview: a Robin Hood case with Khoury, CTG, autograft, PET...

Great job....well done. I would suggest we all be careful about overcontouring and placement when flaps are raised? This may cause a apical migration of the tissue. I would prefer to use these concepts at time of placement only in incisionless immediate cases. regards Maurice

Thank you Maurice, wise advise. This case was thick biotype with flat architecture. Definitely in a thin scalloped biotype, flapless and staged approach will suit better. Tissue biotype is also the critical factor for cervical profile management, where in thinner biotypes I undercontour. Basic principles are always the same and must be respected.
Warm regards, hope to see you in Madrid.
Ioannis

Thank you Snjezana! I am looking forward to Madrid as well! Very anxious to see how the system works in your hands! :)

Dentalxp
3Shape