PET by Piezosurgery to Avoid a Disaster in Aesthetic Zone

43 Rating(s).

Posted on By Vincenzo Foti In Implants

I show the result 5 days after SS for ankylosed root.
A conventional extraction of the root would result in the immediate loss of facial bone. It's described the surgical protocol by piezosurgery and carbide burs: 1) removing of endodontic material 2) direction of the cuts to include the apex 3) separation of palatal fragment from the bone 4) immediate implant-prosthetic rehabilitation.
There is a better minimally invasive technique for an ankylosed root?

Add a comment to the discussion on PET by Piezosurgery to Avoid a Disaster in Aesthetic Zone

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

13 Comments

very nice case

Thanks for your appreciation
Best regards
Enzo

Congratulations, It is a nice work! However, I do not understand why did you used a Biomaterial into the gap. Can you explain me why?. Thank you!

Dr. Rodríguez

Thank you Emilio for the appreciation and the question.
In this case I placed the graft to avoid soft-tissue invagination. In fact the implant of 15 mm length was more deep to achieve primary stability.
Best regards
Enzo Foti

great work

It's a great work, thanks

Thank you Pasquale
Best regards
Enzo

Thank you so much Farhan
Best regards
Enzo Foti

Very nice video to great case management. Congratulations and thank you for sharing. I especially like two cuts to remove palatal part with apex.
PET procedure for ankylosed teeth takes time and gives a neck pain, but the final result is superior to any other procedure.
Enzo, have you performed Glocker approach utilizing collagenized xenograft and fibrin sealer and re-opened some of these sites?
Why have you decided to place 4,8 mm implant?
best regards
Snjezana

Hi Snjezana,

Thank you for the appreciation and the questions.
Regarding the Glocker technique, I still have no cases to show.
I've used a tapered implant 4.6 mm with 4.0 mm at platform level. The socket was very large, so this implant was well indicated to achieve the primary stability.
You can see in the x-ray post-op the proportions between the implant and the contiguous sites.
The implant is therefore adequate and does not take away space to hard and soft-tissue.

Best regards
Enzo

This is the x-ray post-op
Best regards
Enzo

Thank you, Enzo. Everything perfect!
Ciao
Snjezana

Thank you so much Snjezana!
A hug
Enzo

BioHorizons