Periodontal Prosthesis in era of implants

100 Rating(s).

Posted on By yongkun kim In Full Arch & Dentures

67 year old patient presented with chief complaint of not being able to chew properly. Maxillary dentition presented generalized moderate to advanced loss of periodontal attachment. Generalized increased mobility was present. Significant discrepancy between CR and MICP was noticed. Decision was made to reconstruct full upper dentition with implant supported fixed prosthesis and lower posteriors with tooth supported fixed prosthesis.

Add a comment to the discussion on Periodontal Prosthesis in era of implants

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

8 Comments

Hi Yongkun; Your work is exceptional. The staging of the implant/restorative treatment is exactly how it should be done. Are you both surgeon and restorative clinician or do you have a team? You provide the map that we should all be following. Regards, Gerald

Dr Benjamin, Thanks for your generous comments. I am U.Penn trained perio-prosthodontist. I do my surgeries and prosthetics. It is fun to start a case, from the diagnosis, and get it completed with prosthetics, all on your own hands. Thanks again.

Hi Yongkun;
If I had to do it all over again, I would be perio-pros.
I was accepted into the Pros program at SUNY/Buffalo but turned them down...My first professional mistake. I then took 7,000 hours of CE in Pros and implant restoration...Dumb, I know. lol
Regards,
gerald

Dr. Benjanim,
One of mentors, Dr. Arnie Weisgold, told me once that there is one think he can't teach me and that is his experience. We all know that, your experience is greater than anyone else's here. And We have the greatest respect to you for the knowledge and experience you share with us. Thanks

Gerald Benjamin just spoke from my heart. High level dentistry, well diagnosed, planned and executed!
Congratulations!
Snjezana

Snjezana,
Thanks for the supporting comments, as always.

Great sequence of therapy...classic perio-prosth. Well done. Dr. S

Thanks, Mo

Augma Bio
Ritter