One quadrant with direct composite resin

2 Rating(s).

Posted on By Nassib Fares In Composite Resin

The One Quadrant one session technique is a Minimal invasive and time consuming approach.

this video shows the restoration of multiple complex cavities with direct composite resin in approximately 75 minutes.

Add a comment to the discussion on One quadrant with direct composite resin

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

11 Comments

My compliments Nassib. Outstanding clinical detail and skill. Also, many many thanks for your time and effort spent in creating such a high quality video to share with the world through DentalXP. We appreciate your efforts.
What is the key to success in these cases? Preparation, Dentinal conditioning, moisture control, or composite materials utilized?
thanks Maurice

Thank you Maurice, overwhelming words from a Master in Esthetics.
The key to success in these cases are all the factors you mentioned.
In addition to Preparation, moisture control and Dentinal conditioning (the most crucial steps) and the resin incremental layering to create a functional esthetic natural occlusal anatomy.
the most important key to success is the Passion of doing it.

Dr. Fares; Simply outstanding skill and dedication to detail. I salute you sir.
Sam

Thank you for this video. If I may suggest that you post your wonderful video in an extended version? I feel it hurrys up and it is a pity not to see the whole outstanding work.
I hope you would upload a longer version.

Thank you very much

Stefan Klinge
Germany

Beautiful work, Nassib....I was not sure if you utilized a base in the deep areas?

Thank you Sam And Stefan.
Of course a longer and more detailed version will be presented, may be in a webinar.

Thank you Dr. Goldstein, I adopted a technique in direct composite resin, building up the whole restoration above the Hybrid layer with one homogeneous material, I have never used a base or linear in my restorations even in deep areas or pulp proximity.

Do you use cavity cleanser or any of the desensitization materials to lessen sensitivity?

After cavity preparation, I apply phosphoric acid 20 percent;25 secs on enamel, 15 secs on dentin, than I apply the bonding to create an hermetic hybrid layer, and than i apply incremantly the resin composite.
In all type of cavities, deep or shallow, I have never encounter any
Postoperative sensitivity, if sensitivity occured in any rare cases, it would be that I made a mistake, and not the technique itself.

Nassib,in todays evolving economy this is a wonderful patient service, beyond the exquisite dentistry - - -
- and all the remaining tooth structure is conserved not cut down to try place crowns. .
Its beyond just what you did but what you didn't do . .
good teaching. . .

The philosophy behind this approach in the video, couldn't be described better as David Garber placed it in a few words.
Always learning from "ICONS" like David Garber.

Omnia
BioHorizons