New Versah Guided Drills, BSB, PlastyCad, Formlab2, MIS

39 Rating(s).

Posted on By Gregory Mark In Implants

New Versah Guided Drills have been used in this case. Surgical guide was fabricated using BSB software and it was altered in PlasyCad. Formlab2 to print it.

Add a comment to the discussion on New Versah Guided Drills, BSB, PlastyCad, Formlab2, MIS

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

16 Comments

Gregory,

Looks great- couple questions- how long did it take you to plan the case and print - what material did you print from - did you like the concept? Was your c-guide metal tube attached in the guide as far as stability- What size implant & length and sleeeve did you use? Continue to forge forward Gregory!

Cheers,

Richard

Gregroy

I viewed the video and noticed you used a couple of different guides as well as a metal insert in one anterior but not the other.
Could you explain why?

I will answer to both of you. It is one guide printed on Formlab2 with Dental resin. I had only one C sleeve that size and it was not attached to the guide so I can place in 3 different sites. You could see me placing the metal sleeve into guide. Planning usually take me around 30 min.
What I noticed while practicing on a model that open window will increase "WAG" effect. If tube will have just a metal ring on atop and bottom of the sleeve it will eliminate this problem. What you also might expect like in my case, when you have a fresh graft it might deflect the drill into it and open window will not prevent from it.
That is why I printed another guide with Emil drill stops to check my guidance, but you do not see it on a video.
It also does not have a bone profile drill, if your ridge is not straight. This is my observation. Gregory

Great video...how did this C guide compare to other styler guides you have used before? Thanks Maurice

Thank you! It is the same concept, the only difference is open window. Gregory

Gregory,

Lets chat about the guide - The sleeve if secure in resin should eliminate the "wag" I have not experienced this with my guides- Also sleeve size is dependent on implant size... Please explain the ring concept and how it would be secured in guide.

Cheers,

Richard

I have to make a video to explain, but I can not download it to conversation here. That is why I wanted to speak to you!))))) Gregory

I can't even add the images. Gregory

Gregory, great video. Looks easy to create for a trained clinician.
Thanks for showing the process. I liked very much.
Regards
Jorge

Gregory,

I will give you a shout in the next couple days..
keep innovating!

Chhers,

Richard

Thank you! Gregory

Great post. How do you like the Form2? What are print times on the guides?

Thank you! I love my Formlab2. I usually leave it overnight or during the day. Fits perfectly. Gregory

Gregory:

I admire your problem solving. The C-guide metal sleeve really need to be fixed into the printed framework to work well with the Telescopic Stop. I am sorry that you only had one sleeve to use in 3 sites. The pairing of the Tele.key with C-metal sleeve should allow no wag.
Thank you for your valuable input. We will incorporate them in the final product.

Salah

Thank you Salah for the opportunity! I think placing redesign tube with two rings all solve the problem without using any keys. Gregory

Gregory:

Your input with the BlueSky Bio software planing and designing is priceless. I thank you for it.

Several Beta C-guides were made for Richard using the BlueSky Bio planing software and Richard have succesfully used them in multiple cases. He posted one of them in this forum.
Other labs have used the Co-Diagnotic software to creat a C-guide and it was successful. Please see image below.

I Would love to see your design. Originally, We thought about (a ring inside a ring) in the guide concept. The problem was that it would put us back into drilling into a hole. It would also create several moving parts in the guide and it was difficult to lock the inside ring at a specific hight to control depth, as well as it would require a longer drills. So we decided to put the telescopic movement assemply on the bur itself and fix it to the specific needed depth. We thought it would provide :
1- the surgeon more flexability to move in and out of multi- sites and in different depths in the same guide as long as the Telescopic stop matches the C-ring.
2- Use the same Densah Burs without the need for a longer one.
3- The C-guide with the C-ring, attached, will open the hole and allow the surgeon to see and be free to expand and mange the site.

Salah

Hu-Friedy
Versah