Microscope enhanced external sinus elevation

38 Rating(s).

Posted on By Cafadaru Mihnea In Sinus Augmentation

Microscope enhanced external sinus elevation. Pictures and small video.

Material used:
bovine+ autologous, pericardium membranes, PRF, 5.0 sutures.

Add a comment to the discussion on Microscope enhanced external sinus elevation

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

2 Comments

Beautiful and skilled. My question would be do you truly feel that a microscopic approach is needed for this procedure? Typically, smaller instruments can put pressure on sinus membrane and cause tears or micro tears? I typically use a neurosurgical drill to enter the sinus and then complete the lift with increasing instrument size and wet gauze. Dr. Salama

Thank you Dr. Salama.

The use of microscope does not mean that we have to do a micro-opening or use micro-curretes. I personally use the microscope because i simply see better. For example, duting the surgery i saw a microperforation and took care of it, by using PRF membranes over the Schneiderian membrane.

I trully believe that the more you see, the better you work. I did not make the entire procedure through the microscope, but the essential part, like window prep and membrane elevation was carried with the aid of the microscope. The dental loupes do the trick also, but without the zoom option...

Nobel Biocare
NovaBone