Matrix Design

0 Rating(s).

Posted on By brian mills In Composite Resin

Reviews design considerations for transfer matrix used with composite addition dentistry.

Add a comment to the discussion on Matrix Design

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

4 Comments

Nicely done, Brian. The idea of the double matrix was originally created by our talented lab technician, Mark Hamilton, who recently retired after 38 years working with our team but was actually trained by R Sheldon Stein. I also published on the technique of using 2 holes... one for the Incisal/body and another to measure the gingival thickness. You might want to try the new Goldstein Colorvue Probe by Hu-Friedy which measures in 1/2 mm up to 3mm and so easy to read.

Ron Thanks for the info.
As always you are a wealth of information and advise.
Take care Brian

I think this is complicated. I placed teflon tape on adjacent teeth and then used the matrix, it is easy to remove extras without additional work. Gregory

Greg thanks for your comments.
I also use my fair share of teflon tape. Which is a good technique as well.
This was just to demonstrate an alternative procedure for doing composite addition dentistry and to minimize flash when doing large additions.
Take care Brian

Ritter
KLS Martin