Long Term complications of immediate Implant Placement

207 Rating(s).

Posted on By Howard Gluckman In Failures

Immediate implant placement has become controversial and newer techniques like Partial Extraction Therapies have been introduced to try and prevent the long term complications associated with Immediate implant placement. Here I present an 8 year follow up of a case that would not have required all this treatment had PET been done.

Add a comment to the discussion on Long Term complications of immediate Implant Placement

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

9 Comments

Howie thanks a lot for publishing this kind of problems. Usualky nobody post middle term failkures and complications as shown on this case.
You are right. PET treatments aviud these kind of problems.
On tha next JTI the main topic will be, as we comented this year, Faillures.
With Berto Fernandez we have decided to lecture on a topic that sistematically is avoided in every congress.
Yiu are very brave my friend.
Regards
Jorge.
BTW. Excellent job

Howie. Fabulous documentary! This is not a failure , but rather a more realistic evolution of "gold standard" implant treatment when observed critically over an extended period of time. The only difference between you and the "average" Dentist, is you intervened while most would sit on the side lines ignoring the inevitable deterioration. Your
skills and case management are exquisite. BTW I am not convinced a staged approach would have ended up any differently. Perhaps a smaller diameter implant (staged or not) could have improved circumstances, Overall this is a well established and accepted standard of care. I would like to think we can do better with PET. So far so good :-). See you soon my friend. Cheers. Chuck

Howie, can you show us how you tunneled the CTG in this area , any pics or steps ?

Howie, thank you for sharing. I totally agree with Chuck`s observation. We know why we are a little bit nervous when patients come for recall and we ask our assistance:"How it looks like?" before we enter the room.
Would VISTA technique instead of tunnel technique for soft tissue augmentation do some difference?
Thank you again, best regards, see you soon
Snjezana

Howie, thank you for sharing this case, it is an eye opener!

Would you consider plasty of the implant surface to eliminate the prominence out of bony envelope, in order to reduce chance for future recession? or you feel ST thickness was enough to ensure stability?

Thank you,

Yiannis

Dear Howie you are one of the best surgeons in the world, and without any doubt a real gentleman. Your honesty sharing this kind of situations is something to admire, and i do.

Howie; The honesty and ethics shown here are to be admired...you allow us all to visualize the issues apparent or not. Thanks Mo

Howie,

As one of my mentors once told me success is built on the back of failures- but as chuck stated- not failure but the transition of time- like polished to textured fully threaded surfaces-

See you soon- socials will be ready...

Cheers,

Richard

Great video and follow up Howie. Do you think if you had added the thick CTG at time of implant placement it may have slowed the resorption? Great to see the evolution of the case through a 3 min video. As mentioned above a real eye opener... seeing is believing. Thank you! Regards. Naheed

KLS Martin
360 Imaging