Intrusion Via Hyperocclusion Full arch case

99 Rating(s).

Posted on By Anton Andrews In Occlusion

Digital technology has allowed to catch a dramatic change in this case. Within a year, with neither braces, nor Invisalign, but just with the force of the bite alone, most of the mandibular teeth had been moved.
En masse intrusion of the anteriors. Widening of the posterior part of the mandible. Closure of the diastemas and reduction of both curves of SPEE and Wilson.
It might look like another "dubious" case to some colleagues who position themselves as "experts", but with 3D superimposition of "before and after" Intrusion via superocclusion becomes undoubted reality.

Add a comment to the discussion on Intrusion Via Hyperocclusion Full arch case

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

2 Comments

Anton;
Why could we not get reproduceable results with full time Hawley Bite Plane Therapy? Can you explain? Thanks Dr. Salama

Maurice, going back to the previous discussion on this topic , what is the mechanism for teeth eruption process in adults?
Without answering this question we can't really move forward with finding reliable treatment modality, only guesswork.
As I had said before, there is a logical explanation of teeth eruption mechanism in my mind.
But for now, I can only tell , the reason is that most of the bite planes used in orthodontics, including Hawley Bite Plane based on teeth. All my cases with Intrusion via Hyperocclusion had been done with implant based restorations. This case, for instance, is an All-on-6 PMMA implant bridge.
There are other factors as well.

Related Posts

Versah
Salvin