Impressive Result at Final Restoration of An Implant with Socket Shield Performed 4 Months Ago

305 Rating(s).

Posted on By Vincenzo Foti In Anterior/Esthetic

I've applied the concepts established at PET Consensus in Madrid of November 2017. No graft on buccal gap. The SS is at marginal level of the bone because there is thick gingival biotype. After 4 months there was creeping excess of a good amount and quality of soft-tissue, so I've request to my technicians the buccal over-contour of the final screwed retained crown.

Add a comment to the discussion on Impressive Result at Final Restoration of An Implant with Socket Shield Performed 4 Months Ago

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

8 Comments

AMAZING result....thanks Dr. S

Thank you a lot Maurice!!

Beautiful documentation and execution Vincenzo.
I'm interested in knowing what the consensus is on the site as to whether to graft the gap... or not? Dentalxpers... what do you say?

Thank you so much Henry for your appreciation and the question! I answer you with 2 pictures made at PET Consensus of JTI in Madrid...IMO, the graft on vestibular gap is very important to avoid the buccal collapse when it's impossible to perform the socket shield, but unnecessary with the SS, because it prevent this event. So, it's sufficient only the natural clot to regenerate the bone between SS and implant.
A hug
Enzo

Bello...complimenti

Grazie mille Paolino
Un caro saluto
Enzo

Question - what were you irrigating the residual socket with after removal of the lingual root piece? Just curious. Great result and wonderful technique.
Krafty

Thank you so much Anthony for your appreciation. It's hydrogen peroxide 10 vol.
Best regards
Enzo

NovaBone
PET Kit