How wold you proceed with this case. Part 2.

97 Rating(s).

Posted on By yiannis vergoullis In Sinus Augmentation

This the video of what I did few years ago. The one thing I would probably do differently today would b to reposition the bony window.

Yiannis

Add a comment to the discussion on How wold you proceed with this case. Part 2.

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

5 Comments

Yiannis; APPLAUSE. Just beautifully performed surgeries. Well done. Thanks for sharing. Maurice

Yannis,
I like the entire surgical procedure and skills.
My compliments.
Armando

Thank you both for your nice words!

Yiannis

Yiannis.
Outstanding diagnostics, treatment plan, execution and video! I really enjoyed watching. I also would have used a replacible window. In addition, I today I use Densah burs to prepare implant sites in a grafted sinus. I noticed during your drilling sequence some lack of density or voids seem to exist in the grafted bone. Do you remember feeling that? With Densah burs that sensation is minimized or avoided. Great work! Thank you for sharing. Best regards. Chuck

Thank you Chuck! I really do not remember that as it was done a few years ago, however the insertion torque was very high and I was able to do immediate loading.

What I have noticed is that in the cases I did thorough condensation of the graft I always had good bone at the re-entry, while in the cases where the graft was more loosely packed into the sinus I have found less dense bone at the re-entry. Thus for me grafting a socket and grafting a sinus is different story but I do not know why there is this difference. This is only my clinical observation.

I am also looking into the Densah burs more likely for the initial penetration of the sinus during crestal lifts.

Yiannis

Versah
Hu-Friedy