Horizontal GBR- modified with xenograft corical plate Khoury technique

134 Rating(s).

Posted on By Samvel Bleyan In Bone Grafting

Horizontal GBR- modified with xenograft corical plate Khoury technique.
Classical Khoury technique modified with xeno cortical Lamina in case of horizontal bone deficiency GBR. Autogenous bone chips were used to graft the defect, combined with simultaneous implant placement

Add a comment to the discussion on Horizontal GBR- modified with xenograft corical plate Khoury technique

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

5 Comments

Nice! What company produce that cortical xenograft? Where did you get autobone graft?

Gregory it is Cortical Lamina from Osteobiol

Aotobone was harversted with bone scraper Micross from neighbour areas

Samvel; Excellent video and thanks for sharing. A few questions, do you feel that the technique here was lower risk than autogenous bone and GBR?? Also, as there was little KT to begin with why not take the additional time to harvest CTG and apply it? Please keep us posted. I am intrigued with these Xenograft cortical struts and the Khoury approach perhaps in a more critical size defect. I really would like to see the post op of this case and see if there are any early flap dehiscence issues with these xenograft plates? Thanks again Dr. Salama

I think it is rather safe technique, similar to GBR with membranes and particulated bone substitute. If we follow the basic rules of surgical intervention. The case is three months old . Suppose to wait 4 months to place healing abutments.CTG will be used simultaneosly with healing abutment placement.
Will post second stage ASAP.

NovaBone
KLS Martin