FHGS - "Free Handed Guided Surgery" - How it Works - Part 1

92 Rating(s).

Posted on By richard martin In Implants

This is just a quick video showing the adjustment of the telescopic guide- note the depth marking and the squeeze and rotate feature of the stops

Cheers,

Richard

Add a comment to the discussion on FHGS - "Free Handed Guided Surgery" - How it Works - Part 1

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

14 Comments

Got it!
Thanks Richard!
Jorge

I like it! Gregory

Richard,
nice demonstration of Versah stop drill.
How easy do you find the engagement of the gray piece to the black one?
Thanks for showing a very first experience on the field.
Armando

Armando,

The adjustment is simple - once you squeeze the outer sleeve and rotate is locks onto the inner sleeve and stays in place fairly consistently

Cant wait to see what you have coming!

Cheers,

Richard

What is FHGS???

Hi Richard. As much as I appreciate the video, I don't fell it does this ingenious innovation justice. IMO at this stage of development the Versah video is more appropriate. BTW your assistant appears to use suction in close proximity to the guide. This couldn't possibly help with irrigation. Perhaps no suction or external irrigation would be help?
On another note, isn't Free Handed Guided Surgery (FHGS) a oxymoron? I love you man, but I must call it as I see it. Cheers Chuck.

Chuck

Great observation on the suction!

Emil

Chuck,
what is oxymoron?
The italian translation is a bit Tricky.
Armando

Armando. An oxymoron is a figure of speech where the elements are contradictory (opposite), but contain a concealed meaning. For example these expressions arer oxymorons: " Cruel Kindness" "The same difference" "Jumbo shrimp" "Plastic glasses" "Pretty ugly" ect. Just as Free hand is the opposite of guided.

Chuck,
Got you.
I understand now,Thanks.
A.

Armando

In Italian----- Contraddittorio

See you in Florida !

Emil

Mo,

We just edited the post- just a little catch phrase but it has meaning - see response to Chuck

Cheers,

Richard

Chuck,

This video is first of a 3 part series - hopefully by the final you will appreciate the first which is really just show the adjustability and depth markings up close.
The proximity of the suction to the guide is done for demonstration purposes suck away all the water so you can get a true appreciation up close without irrigation in the way- We use external and internal irrigation - in the upcoming video you will see a monsoon of water.

Ah - the oxymoron- Ive been called worse- ha- but if you know my style this is right up my alley and in actuallity - the telescopic stop guides my depth and my drill is free of surgical guide stent and my hand can freely rotate the hand piece is needed.........

Cheers,

Richard

Chuck,

I forgot to add- Animation is beautiful - but I am sharing my intraoperative experience :)
See one- do one- teach one....

Cheers,

Richard

Ritter
BTI