Can A-PRF growth factors compete with EMDOGAIN?

92 Rating(s).

Posted on By Delia Tuttle In Periodontics

Gum Drop Technique is a ROOT COVERAGE procedure using biological factors A-prf and i-PRF. This is a modified VISTA procedure using solo material A-PRF membranes. I got very good results so far irrigating the tunnel with plasma exudate as well the exposed roots on the same concept as Emdogain. But, can blood be the answer ?

Add a comment to the discussion on Can A-PRF growth factors compete with EMDOGAIN?

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

4 Comments

Not sure? Any science to compare these 2 biologic agents against one another in the same paper? Good idea for you. One side Emdogain and other side A-PRF?? warm regards Dr. Salama

Great idea Dr. Salama!!! I will do it !!! Thank you for the tip !!! Delia

Dear Delia,

split mouth design to compare both of this materials as Dr. Salama suggested could show the difference. But since blood proteins compete with Emdogain, VISTA approach wouldn`t be the right technique for Emdogain. And if the flap is raised on one site and other site is flap less approach, it`s not comparable.
Warm regards, my friend

Snjezana

Thank you for your input Snjezana !!! I will try to find a solution ! It might work under the flap and root. Usually my Flap is so mobile and loose that I could place it from the sulcus up. I will keep you posted . Delia

BTI
Versah