Buccal Fat Pad Removal for Facial Aesthetics

6 Rating(s).

Posted on By Vladimir Lozada In Other

Greetings colleagues this is a video to achieve showing you how to get a better facial aesthetics through the procedure of Buccal fat pad removal. I hope you like it!!!
thanks in advance
Dr. Vladimir García Lozada

Add a comment to the discussion on Buccal Fat Pad Removal for Facial Aesthetics

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

5 Comments

Vladimir; Can you describe precisely the location of the buccal fat pad, the incision location and depth and then the dissection. Great video, never realized how much there actually is there? Doesn't fat return over time? Is this a standard facial aesthetic procedure performed by plastic surgeons? Thanks Dr. Salama

Dear Maurice thank you very much for your words, i sincerely appreciate!!!

It is not a surgery that can only be performed by a plastic surgeon, Dentist with an oral- maxillofacial training can do it or a specific training and skills for this technique.

Although I can say that it is an effective and simple procedure.

The access to the Bichat’s fat pad is done by a small incision, no more than 10 mm in length and 5mm in depth , at the soft tissue situated in the most inferior aspect of the zygomatic buttress having the careful to visualize the Stenon ́s duct orifice and a blunt dissection is achieved with a thin scissors or hemostat into the fat pocket which is located under the zygomatic arch extending to the most anterior aspect of the cheek. It is very important to preserve its very thin fascial envelope. With a long and thin hemostat locking plier deep inserted in the area a portion of the fat is pinched and gently pulled out. Patiently the whole fat pad is pulled out with the help of another hemostat until the pedicle is visualized. At this point the pedicle can be cut and the fat pad loose free. Additionally a small metallic suction tip can be inserted into the area (pocket) to clean out any part of fat left behind. When the fat pad fascia is not ruptured it is possible to remove the whole structure in just one piece.

The bichat fat pad is not regenerated or return when it is removed but if you gain a lot of weight you may lose the visual effect.

A big greeting to all the dentalxp community thanks
Vladimir García Lozada

Vladimir,

Very nice detailed video and music- few questions - typically this procedure performed on females in conjunction with adjunctive procedures- and does not substitute for weight loss- also any concern for temporal hollowing? and do you have full face preop and post- and how long do you follow patient?

As far as incision - you mentioned looking out for the parotid duct - have you ever tried to access in tuberosity area via maxillary third molar removal incision? much easier to get to fat pad

Cheers,

Richard

Richard
Thank you very much for your comment, I'm glad you liked the video.
I'll try to find the pre and post-surgical photos so I can upload them as soon as possible.
The surgical approach that you comment at the level of third molar, the truth is that I have not done, thank you for mentioning it, but i can say that the technique i show, is simple and comfortable with a direct access anatomically to the fat pad to be able to remove it completely.
i will try your approach technique for comparison.
thank you
regards
Vladimir

I have now the photos pre and post surgery of the buccal fat pad removal, there are not the best, but they are the ones that sent me and i think we can see the results
regards
Vladimir

pre surgery
post surgery

Brasseler
PET Kit