3D augmentaion using autologous tooth MTB block

154 Rating(s).

Posted on By Dong Sohn In Implants

My tooth bone block was used for rehabilitation of huge ext defect with immediate implant placement.

Add a comment to the discussion on 3D augmentaion using autologous tooth MTB block

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

18 Comments

DS How many cases like this one have you performed? any early exposures or infection noted? Any histology of the tooth block after healing? Thanks Dr. Salama

Good question Dr Salama This clinical study will be a good answer to you question Implant Dent. 2013 Dec;22(6):584-9. Bone grafts using autogenous tooth blocks: a case series. Kim YK1, Kim SG, Um IW, Kim KW. CONCLUSION: There were no notable complications associated with the bone transplant materials. The AutoBT block is clinically useful for a variety of bone grafts

A very novel approach, dentin seems to be a game changer. I would like to see some cases with a follow up, do you have some?
It is a demineralized tooth block, isn`t it? What do you think about a fresh, not prepared tooth block? It`s reported that demineralization helps to free a growth factors, is there some evidence?
Thank you so much for sharing
Snjezana

Chuck, when we take together this case approach, Jorge`s histology and everything we know about PET, which similarities and which differences between this case and 360° socket shield do you see?
It was great to enjoy a PET/Versah family in Orlando!
Warmly
Snjezana

Dr. Sohn thank you for sharing your innovative techniques!

What did you see on the histology of these cases? Does bone replace the block and do you get bone implant contact in this area?

Thank you,

Yiannis

I don't have histology of this tooth block but I have long term follow up of several other cases. My colleague's studies revealed bone remodellin of decalcified tooth bone. You can find many articles in pubmed. Thank you, DS

DS. Very clever and innovative approach. So long as the tissues remain stable during early healing, I would expect resorption / ankylosis. I will add this approach to my tool box when the instrumentation is available. However, I do prefer DENSAH / PET when possible. It is relatively simpler, faster and immediate load is a possibility. Great work as usual! Best regards. Chuck

Dear Chuck thank you for your comments.
According to some my biopsy or other research, devalcified tooth bone showed bone remidelling than ankylotic resorption.
Fast bone reformation is seen than any other bone substitues but resoprtion is slower than auto bone.thank you ds

Dear Chuck, This case shows you sever 3 D defect. So Per technique is not indicated in this case. Instead of aggressive auto block bone harvesting, decalcified tooth bone is recoomended. Decalcified tooth bone don't show ankylosis but bone remodelling. Thank you Ds

Dear Snjezana I have long term follow of several other cases using decalcified toothb bone up to 5-6 yrs. Long term follow up is excellent. No decalcifiaction of tooth means no osteoinductivity. So I don't recommed to use undecalcified tooth bone if you want bone remodelling. You can fine so many articles to prove osteoindductivty of decalcified tooth bone at Pubmend Thank you DS

Several long term folow up are posted at my facebook. yOr you can read articles on tooth bone. Demineralizationis is needed to utilize it'sosteoinductivity. There are many published articles to prove it. Thank you DS

DS. I do agree Dentin is Osteoinductive BUT without a viable PDL it is susseepable to Ankylosis Resorption. Not necessarily a bad thing,so long as everything remains stable throughout the process. Especially on the implant side. I love your work! Chuck

DS, its very good to see a new approach, do you have histological studies longterm please? Nice video
thank you very much for sharing!
best regards
Vladimir

Dear Vladimirits I nave no biposy of this case. The surgery wa done a few weeks ago. I have some biopsy from other tooth block and it shwos excellent bone reformation. I wll publish it this year. You can find several histolgy of decalcifed tooth bone at pubmed. Thank you DS

Thanks DS....can you provide a presentation on XP on auto tooth blocks? Dr. Salama

Yes I can. thabk you DR

This is amazing! Do you lecture in the United States, Dr DS?

Sorry for late reply. I have done many lecture in USA. My next program will be held in Tijuhana this Nov, Not USA. I will do my presentation in next ICOI World Symposium in Las Vegas . Thank you DS

Augma Bio
Nobel Biocare