A 2 STEP CONCENTRATED GROWTH FACTORS SURGERY

77 Rating(s).

Posted on By Luca Mangani In Bone Grafting

In this case I performed a 2 step surgery:
The first,immediately after the tooth extraction.
1) Tooth Extraction and immediate ridge reconstruction with heterologous cortico-cancellous bone and Concentrated Growth Factors (CGF) derived by my blood patient centrifugation.
Then after 4 months post op I did the second one.
2) Implant placement with soft tissue enhancement (performed with only Concentrated growth Factors matrix) and a screw retained monolithic zirconia crown.

TOOTH 3.5

Add a comment to the discussion on A 2 STEP CONCENTRATED GROWTH FACTORS SURGERY

1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Video has been added to your favorites.
Video has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

5 Comments

Luca; Please explain the CGF process and how it is different from PRF and PRGF?? Thanks Maurice

Concentrated growth factors (CGF) represents the novel generation of solid platelet concentrate preparations. Unlike PRF however, CGF uses variable rpm from 2400-2700 rpm to separate cells in the venous blood, resulting in fibrin rich blocks that are much larger, denser and richer in growth factors than common PRF. This shows better regenerative capacity and higher versatility when using the fibrin rich block. After venous blood centrifugation, the CGF obtained consisted in three parts: the upper white part (PPP), the lower red part (RBC) and the middle “buffy coat” part (interface between white and red part). The TGF-b1, the VEGF Growth Factors and the unipotent Stem Cells CD34+ are located just below the "buffy coat" and above the dense clot portion. These 100% autologous preparations, obtained from a venous blood sample, not only enhance tissue healing but also improve the clinical outcomes of various surgical procedures, reducing complications like pain and inflammation. Essentially the CGF is an upgraded version of PRF.

I have been using PRF,PRP etc. since 2007. The preparation techniques continue to with vary each new proprietary centrifuge brought to market. I have observed a definite markedly improved soft tissue healing, decreased pain and swelling very early (week 2 to week 4), but after that I could not observe any differences. I have never been able to determine any difference in the boney healing at any stage. The theoretical advantage of adding the mixture of growth factors found in the PRP, PRF CRF etc have no documented clinical advantage in bone healing to my knowledge. The main advantage I found is the improved handling characteristics. Does anyone know of clinical studies comparing bone healing with and without these growth factor preparations ??????

BioHorizons
KLS Martin