What would you recommend? is ortho a must for this case?

62 Rating(s).

Posted on By Peyman Raissi In Occlusion

24 y/o Male patient who's seeking treatment for mainly aesthetic purposes specially the upper jaw. upper incisors and canines definitely need build up and crown with #7 RCT, Probing is WNL around all teeth, patient does not like to wear braces, could this case be saved by only crown lengthening uppers and several restorative and crowns to increase his VDO, or Ortho is a must for this case to retroincline the upper incisors and proincline the lower incisors and start making room for the restorative phase? what do you guys thinK??

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on What would you recommend? is ortho a must for this case?

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

5 Comments

Ortho is a must...Invisalign can work well here. Dr. S

Hi Peyman;
My practice is limited to restorative dentistry. You must correct the significant overbite/overjet issues in this patient before restoring the teeth. This patient has incredible wear for such a young person.

I completely agree with Maurice.
Regards,
Gerald

awesome thank you Gerald and Maurice, I wanted to be sure before saying No to the patient and ortho needs to get involved..

Peyman, if you want the best esthetic result for your patient then take the time to convince the patient that orthodontics is the very best method to get a great smile.

Dentalxp
Omnia