What maternity benefits do you give your staff?

14 Rating(s).

Posted on By Braden Giswold In Practice Management

I am a new practice owner and am wondering what is a standard policy for maternity leave for dental office staff. Do you pay for their health insurance while they are gone? Do you offer paid leave? I'm trying to get a good idea of what is out there before I decide on my own policy.
Thanks for your help!
Braden

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on What maternity benefits do you give your staff?

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

3 Comments

In the past we provided 3 months leave without pay but the insurance benefits remained. How we are with Heartland and abide by their policy. However, there is always the possibility of the employee not returning even when they profess to do so. We have had several that just could not leave their 3 month old baby and return although in each case they definitely promised to return.

In a small office setting it is really up to you. Do what you feel is fair and based upon their tenure and importance.
Dr. Salama

Dental Implants and other such therapies can be life changing,but sometimes people do like to take advantage of the system. Check out the allegations were revealed by Dentzz,who offer high quality and the latest dental implants and cosmetic dental treatments by specialized and globally trained dentists in Mumbai and Delhi, India http://www.taaz.com/trends/offtopic/the-allegations-were-revealed-by-the-den/0ycwmta-emybnrg0ibgsglwoieisruw1.html

Omnia
Brasseler