what do you think about NTI suppressor?

26 Rating(s).

Posted on By Ourania Pontikogianni In Occlusion

Dear colleagues,

What is your opinion on NTI suppressor?

I have been using it for many years now with great success and reports from patients that are grinding are good.

Recently one of my grinder patients ended in an other practise where he was advised by another dentist that NTI appliance is "old fashioned and useless" and advised him to stop wearing it.

I just wanted to hear if any of you has experience in the matter.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on what do you think about NTI suppressor?

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

2 Comments

Ourania, your posting brought a smile to my lips as I had a similiar instance with a patient who came back to my practice because a dentist in her area told her the same thing. Problem was she was doing fine! And the answer is I am and have been making the NTI appliance for many years. My son, Dr. Cary Goldstein, started me off and I also wear one each night with no problem although I am a heavy clencher during sleep. However, I am very cautious with patients that I have made anterior porcelain veneers. I worry about the patient placing and especially removing the appliances so in those cases I make full appliances.

It is old fashioned. As old fashioned as trying to keep teeth in place instead of placing implants...etc.

PET Kit
Ritter