Versah Osseodensification Crestal Sinus Lift.

158 Rating(s).

Posted on By David Lipton In Sinus Augmentation

This case was done utilizing the Versah osseodensifaction burs for a crestal sinus lift approach. Original ridge height of 8mm augmented to 13mm for placement of Biohorizons LaserLok 4.6x10.5mm implant that was placed with >45Nm and an ISQ value of 80. After completion of osteotomy, 0.5cc Novabone (alloplast) was placed in the osteotomy and densified using the Versah burs in reverse mode at 50rpm.

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on Versah Osseodensification Crestal Sinus Lift.

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

8 Comments

Great Job David. Nice and clean sinus lift using Osseodensification.

David. Nice work. How did you select the implant size and shape. With Osseodensifation technique couldn't you expand the ridge to accommodate a wider implant? In addition, did you consider contour grafting with Novabone? Well done. Thank you for sharing. Regards. Chuck.

Thanks Chuck and excellent questions. We could have expanded the ridge as well as use some the the Novabone to contour graft the ridge if it started to get thin after expansion and implant placement. In this particular case our referring dentist requested this size implant and preferred not to have a thin buccal plate or extra grafting if it could be avoided.

David, Thank you for sharing this case. It is great to see how well you have utilized the Sinus Autografting protocol. I see that you have used the Densah Bur as your final push up osteotome at a low speed (50 RPM) with this specific Allograft material. I personally find that the more particulate the graft is the more speed is needed in CCW direction to push and densify the graft into the sinus, I usually use 400 RPM with slow water irrigation. What was the consistency of your Allograft? Was it a gel like consistency? Can you share more specifics about this please?

Was the sinus lift performed 1st?? and then osseodensification? If so how? What were the steps in technique you utilized. Nice job. Dr. Salama

Thank you Dr. Salama. The sinus lift was performed after the osteotomy. The osteotomy was developed only utilizing the Versah burs following their recommended guidelines. After completion of the osteotomy and verification that the membrane was intact, Novabone (putty) was placed in the osteotomy and using the final Versah bur in densification mode (reverse) the sinus was lifted. This step was repeated 3 times prior to implant placement.

How did you verify no perforation of membrane?

Hi Kevin, I checked with an implant depth gauge to make sure that I could feel the membrane as well as with visual inspection.