The use of integrated prosthetic technology on PET

150 Rating(s).

Posted on By armando ponzi In CBCT & CAD/CAM

The case previously studied allowed a PET therapy and implant.
A healing abutment was used to maintain the space. A custom abutment was built on top using a "scantransfer" and an intraoral scanner. The data allowed a digital planning of the abutment. Once the abutment was fixed onto the implant a CeRec impression was taken and inhouse crown was made. The marginal quality of the crown seemed very nice.
Technology may allow new possibilities in terms of design decision making either of the abutment and crown. Digital quality can assure high accuracy and reduction of cost and time.

Your opinion about it is appreciated.

Digital Scanning
Abutment Planning

Abutment
Abutment Scanning

Add to Favorites
Add a comment to the discussion on The use of integrated prosthetic technology on PET

Upload photos
1.  Photo Title:

2.  Photo Title:

Would you like to follow this post?
Case has been added to your favorites.
Case has been removed from your favorites.
Thank you for your input. Your comment has been posted.
You are now following this member. You will get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
You are no longer following this member. You will not get notified on any new topics posted by this member.
Edit Comment
1.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
2.  Photo Title:
Current Image:   Delete Image
Comment has been updated.

10 Comments

Armando

What can I say. Beautiful
You and Your patients are very lucky to have these tools available. I love this digital stuff...
Nice Work

Rocco

Rocco, thanks for comment. I know you are doing a lot of digital on Vet side. It's a pity we are not close, we could have a lot of 'fun'. These systems open new possibilities and procedure. Ciao. Armando

very nice

James, Thanks for the compliment. Armando

I like it very very much!
What scan are you using now? The same as last year?
Is it the technology changing too fast? Do you recommend to invest in this tech now? I´m willing to jump on digital impressions soon. I´ll follow your Master advice.
Thanks,
Jorge

Jorge,
same scanner as last year.
The interest on this specific case may reside on fact that all data and project were done inhouse. This could be of importance, expecially when designing the submerged area of the abutment.
Cerec is a useful tool that can provide an inhouse crown chairside: it is easy to do if a custom abutment is used, otherwise, with standard abutment a conventional impression is required.
The intraoral scanner quality level is very high for most machine on the market and there are some differences on prices and ability to share data.
Thanks for kind comment.
Armando

Armando, was the abutment and crown milled in office while patient was waiting? 3D printer? regards Mo

Hi Maurice,
I used a so called 'premilled titanium abutment' : the inhouse milling machine are, up to now, not adequate to mill titanium, so, the abutment was designed inhouse and sent outdoor for milling, while the crown was made inhouse 'one visit'.
Digital impression,can be easily reused and data useful for different research as volume profile before and after PET.
Stefano, is working now on 3D printer project, trying to rebuild the bone and gingiva. I will send a case shortly to Dentalxp.
Thanks for the questions.
Armando

Very nice

Hi Miguel, thanks for your appreciation. Armando

Versah
Hu-Friedy